One of the most toxic E-substances: E 224 potassium beta sulfite

Sulfur dioxide and sulphites are the most common intolerance triggers among chemical food additives. In very sensitive allergy sufferers, they can trigger what is known as sulfite asthma with bronchial constrictions and swelling of the airways. But it can also lead to sneezing and runny nose attacks, hives, other skin irritations and headaches. So-called anaphylactic shocks with collapse and circulatory breakdown were also observed; Sulphite can cause headaches, nausea, or asthma attacks in sensitive individuals. Deaths from anaphylactic shock are known. For this reason, an extended declaration for the protection of allergy sufferers applies in the EU: labeling is mandatory from a residual content of 10 mg / kg. E 220, E 223 and E 224 are also approved for organic products (fruit wine, sugar and crustaceans). There are two main reasons for criticizing the “sulphurating” of wine: Sulfur and arsenic occur together in nature. Before 1900, winemakers preferred arsenic sulfur because it was more conservative. This led to massive complaints. It took another 50 years for the rat poison arsenic to finally get out of the cellars and vineyards (an important pesticide). Today we know that inflammatory, chronic intestinal diseases can result from the consumption of substances containing sulfur.

Toxic finished products
Those who frequently eat ready-made meals consume large amounts of these sulfur additives: According to a study by the EU Commission on the use of additives, adults consume up to 2.6 times and children even up to 12 times the acceptable daily dose. This is no wonder, because sulfur dioxide and sulfites are approved as preservatives for 61 food groups across Europe. Especially in potato products such as powder purees or hash browns, where they prevent the potatoes from turning brown. They can also be used in dried fruit (for example apricots) for fruit preparations, fruit juices and vegetable preparations. They are also used for mustard, condiments and seafood (shrimps, crabs), usually without labeling when sold openly. Sulfur dioxide is also used in winemaking, with sweet wine being more sulphurous than dry wine. Recently the wine label has to indicate the sulfur dioxide content. With some wines, the daily acceptable intake of a maximum of 0.7 milligrams per kilogram of body weight is exceeded in the range of 1-2 glasses. With the maximum permitted amount of 450 milligrams per kilogram for hamburger meat, the permitted daily dose for a 70 kilo person (49 milligrams) is exceeded by a single 125 gram meatball, a child weighing 15 kilograms has more than four times the daily dose (10.5 milligrams).

What is it anyway?
Potassium sulphites are formed by chemical reactions when sulphurous acid is introduced into potassium hydroxide solution. The solution is then converted into crystals by drying or evaporation. It can be added to food as a pure gas (E220) or as a combination of sulphurous acid with sodium, potassium or calcium (sulphites, E221-228). In all cases the preservative can be declared on the label as sulfur dioxide. It works against mold, yeast and bacteria and also inhibits oxidation processes and plant-based tanning processes and acts as a bleaching agent. Lactic acid is destroyed by sulfur dioxide.

Effects on intestinal health
Certain bacteria that are also found in the human intestine, such as those of the genus Desulfovibrio, live on such sulfur substances and thus multiply exponentially.

Diseases are increasingly associated with changes in the gut microbiome. Keyword: INTESTINE HEALTHY ALL HEALTHY! This should also apply to multiple sclerosis (MS), Alzheimer’s disease, cancer, etc., as experimental work and cohort studies on humans suggest.

InYology - The detailed teaching of Yin and Yang

InYology is a magical compass to understand the laws of nature and the order in the universe.

Related posts

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top